Saturday, March 14, 2015

Blog Post #8

Randy Pausch The Last Lecture

In the video Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams , Pausch talked about a lot of personal things. He talked about achieving his childhood dreams. He actually talked more about his childhood dreams than teaching and learning. I completely agree with Pausch's idea of teaching and learning. From what he did say about teaching and learning I learned that the best way to teach somebody something is to have them think that they are learning something else. Pausch talked about kids making movies and games, but in actuality they are learning computer programming. The idea is that kids have fun while learning something hard. Parents, teachers, and mentors are all different types of people that help you learn. Pausch also talked about metaphorical brick walls. Brick walls are challenges that stop the people who don't really want to achieve their goals. He also said that brick walls can be anything from obstacles to actual people. This lecture was an eye opener which inspired me to achieve my personal goals and to not allow brick walls to hold me back.


Photo Citation

1 comment:

  1. Hi Raquelle!
    I found your post to be very interesting. This video was so useful to me, I love the way he explain things. It was about achieving your dreams, he spoke about how he achieved his dreams and also helped enable others to achieve their dreams as well. I think you did a great job, especially when you talked about the metaphorical brick wall.

    ReplyDelete