Saturday, February 14, 2015

Blog Post #5 PLNs

I started my PLN through Symbaloo. I started by creating an account and then browsing the website to get a feel for what I was going to be doing on Symbaloo for my PLN. While browsing the website, I noticed that the icons that were currently on my newly made PLN were icons I would have created myself, so it was a great start. Of course, further along in the semester my PLN will grow, but now is great for just getting started. My PLN is currently equipped with necessities, such as, YouTube, Gmail, Google, Twitter and many more search engines and great websites. There are also other icons on my PLN that I personally use for shopping such as Walmart, Target, Ebay, and Amazon, just to name a few. There are entertainment icons on my PLN, such as, Netflix, Skype, and Facebook. Personal Learning Networks help future and current teachers and students learn new, exciting things on their own. PLNs give the students and teachers freedom. Creativity flows through PLNs. PLNs are a great source of learning. You can pin any website on your own PLN and begin learning. PLNs are great!

C4K #2 Braxsten
Interesting post! It sounds like you enjoy working on the farm with your dad and working with the cattle. It's cool that you own cows and cattle while only in the 8th grade. This is overall a good post, just work on your punctuation.
http://kidblog.org/class/MrBoylens2014-158thGrLAClasses/posts/p438886:166

C4C #4

1 comment:

  1. Hello Raquelle,
    I think that you have made a great start in your PLN so far! I also created myself a Symbaloo to keep track of my most visited websites and I love it so far. I think that by having the PLNs established it will give us extra resources to reach into to help better our careers. Have you found any sources by using Twitter or social media yet? I found a few the other day that included The Teaching Channel and Discovery Education. Upon following these two pages on Twitter I received a notification letting me know that there were several teachers interested in following me as well. It was pretty impressive to me that it all worked so quickly. Good luck in continuing to expand your PLN.

    ReplyDelete