Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Post #3 What is Peer Editing?

According to the narrator of the video, "Peer Editing", peer editing is "making suggestions, comments, or changes to improve writing done by someone around your age." Like the narrator said in the video, it is a good idea to "stay positive, give compliments, and make suggestions." I agree with the narrator of this video. The best way to approach peer editing is with positivity. Staying positive while peer editing another person's work is essential because you would want positivity from the person peer editing your own work. Another good approach to peer editing is giving compliments. I would like my peer editor to give me compliments on what I do correct but still give me the truth on my writing. The last good approach to peer editing is making suggestions. I would like my peer editor to make suggestions to help me improve my work.

The correct way to edit blog posts in EDM 310 is to thoroughly read the blog post. After reading the blog post, give compliments, and make suggestions to the writer to improve the blog post. The peer editor should check for grammatical errors, sentence fragments, and any other errors with writing. The peer editor should also make suggestions to brighten the writing such as, "It's a nice day." Instead, say "It's a beautiful day." The importance of peer editing is to help improve the work of the writer. Peer editing helps students to see mistakes that the writer does not see. 

2 comments:

  1. Each blog post assignment is required to have working links to your sources, as outlined in Writing A Quality Blog Post. Each post is also required to have at least one picture with alt and title modifiers. Please fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raquelle, I completely agree on how I would like to approached as well. You don't want to take advice on how to correct your work by someone who starts off by belittling or insulting your work.

    ReplyDelete